When I first started blogging, I intended to use it primarily as a creative outlet and a tool for wedding planning. Looking at my previous posts, I have realized that I don’t really discuss wedding planning on here very much. As in, practically never. The main reason for this is that I don’t really have anything to report. I’m still in the “browsing” phase of planning my wedding- as in I read wedding blogs religiously, scour the internet for wedding photos, and think about it constantly… but I don’t decide or commit to anything. This is mostly because I don’t know when we’re getting married. Brian is in the process of deciding where he goes to law school, and where affects when we can squeeze in a wedding. Bottom line: not a lot is certain about the wedding right now, except that it will happen someday. However, I have spent so much time thinking about the wedding that I want to include some of it in my blog. Therefore, I am going to try to write a post about weddings every Wednesday. For my first post, I thought I would write a list of the things I am certain about our wedding or the things I have learned while being engaged over over the last 8 months.
1. Brian and I will get married sometime in between summer of 2011 and spring of 2012. And not during school time. That means we’re working with summer 2011, winter ’11-’12, or spring 2012.
2. I know that we will have an unusually long engagement, and that many people will get engaged and married before we will. I’m okay with that. In the past we haven’t exactly followed the time line of your average couple. Why start now?
3. I want my wedding to be simple and elegant.
4. I looooooove stationary. I would love to design my own wedding invitations.
5. I’m attracted to white weddings, vintage accents, soothing colors, and interesting textures.
6. I want to be involved in making things for my wedding as much as possible. I want it to have a homemade feel with as many personal touches as possible.
7. I want to keep my wedding party small.
8. I want my wedding to be FUN for everyone.
9. I can create the look I want for less. I can, and I will.
10. No matter what, the whole thing will turn out wonderfully because in the end I’ll be married to my other half : )
Amber Lee says
i'm looking forward to all of your wedding posts! i like this one especially…i also want to do a lot of DIY projects. for me, i'm thinking making my bouquets, invitations and all kinds of things! it's really exciting. what kinds of blogs are you reading? i've been sticking to a few good websites but i'm interested in finding others too. good luck with all the planning!!
Thanks! I just updated my blog list on the right, and my favorites are all pretty much on there. Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, and Green Wedding Shoes always post really neat stuff!