My mom and I went on our first dress search on Saturday. We basically went to a bridal store on a whim that had been recommended by to my mom. It was really fun! And I actually found three that I loved, and could totally see myself wearing. However, while there I learned some things:
1. Those suckers are heavy! Lugging multiple dresses from racks to the dressing room is hard work. I have a new respect for the ladies who work in those bridal shops.
2. Looking at magazines to find dresses is kinda pointless. It’s hard to get past the way they are styled in the ads, and sometimes it’s just weird. Trying them on in person is TOTALLY different. I tried to look online for pictures of the ones I liked, and they looked terrible! Way better in person.
3. I actually liked a few different styles that I wouldn’t have thought I would like, and some that I thought I would love didn’t work out like I thought. Again with the whole trying them on thing.
4. Sizes are depressing. I’m talking double digits. Ouch.
5. There are so many different types of wedding dresses, and it’s really fun to eavesdrop/ watch the other customers in the store try on theirs and ooh and ahh over them. People have such different tastes.
I’m excited to go again! I think it will be a while, because I’m going back to school, but I could definitely see myself buying one from that shop, so maybe I will have to schedule a dress shopping weekend.