February 13th marked the six month countdown to our wedding date. It came and went rather uneventfully. Then I revisited my account on The Knot. Yikes. There is so much to do! Here is just a sampling of things highlighted in red with a little ticking clock next to them.
1. Plan the ceremony. Not even close.
2. Ceremony music. I’ve thought about it… sorta.
3. Cake! We are planning on doing cupcakes with maybe a small thing for cutting purposes… I’m thinking this shouldn’t be that big of a deal.
4. HONEYMOON. I’m really excited/ nervous about planning this. There are so many options, and we have entertained a variety of options ranging from going abroad to a quiet week at the beach. It’s hard to narrow down.
5. Registry. Okay, we’re mostly registered, but it still needs to be gone over again.
6. Rehearsal dinner. Not that worried about this one either. I know my future in-laws are working on it.
7. INVITATIONS. This might be the biggest one for me. Originally, I thought I wanted to do them myself. Now, I’m not so sure. I think this might be one of the few things I’m really picky about, even though I feel like what I want isn’t that complicated. I’ve been looking at this website and I really like some of their stuff. Maybe I should start looking at stationery stores in person? I’m hoping to make progress on this over spring break.
And that is just the stuff I’m overdue on! Yikes!
Have any of you brides out there done things not according to this timeline? Am I doomed?