Wedding planning has had it’s ups and downs. I have loved picking out pretty things and fantaszing about all that our wedding can be, but the nitty gritty of it can be stressful. And it certainly takes up a ton of time. So with 36 days to go, these are the things I’m excited to do AFTER the wedding.
1. Read. I’ve never read so little in the summer. If you follow me on Goodreads, you will see that my activity has been about… zero. I need to have some books stashed up to take to the beach for our honeymoon. Any suggestions?
2. Genealogy. I’ve posted about my love of this before, and due to wedding planning my ability to spend hours perusing ancestry.com has been dramatically curtailed. Plus, after the wedding I’ll have a whole new side of the family to stalk!
3. Scrapbook. Remember when I said I was going to start scrapbooking college? Yeah, that never left my computer desktop. I would like to start that this fall.
4. Watch TV. Brian and I have spent our summer watching Cheers on Netflix Instant. While I love Cheers, we have mostly been doing this because we don’t have the wherewithal to follow a complex plot. I want to finish Battlestar Gallactica and West Wing and be ready for fall programming when it comes on.
5. Be organized. I know I complain about the mess that my room always is, but when I have time it is usually pretty okay. I want to organize our apartment and I look forward to living in a space that doesn’t look like a hurricane just flew through.
I’ve read a lot of things about women who feel depressed when their wedding is over, but with this list I think I have a lot to look forward to!