Happy Wednesday, friends! I think this post will be the hardest to do of all the Wedding Week posts… there were just so many pictures to narrow down!
The finer points:
- All of the toasts were killer. Really killer. Let’s just say that there were not a lot of dry eyes in the house. And I need a box of tissues when I sit down with our wedding video.
- The cupcakes were totally amazing. They were so amazing that even if they are 10% as good when Brian and I go to eat a frozen one (or dozen) next August, they will still be delicious. Yum.
- We sang happy birthday to my dad, whose 50th birthday the week before had been kinda overshadowed by wedding planning. It was so much fun.
- Everyone was so happy. When I look at the pictures, it totally shows. I love that.
- The dancing was such a blast. I had been kinda worried that no one would dance because of the time of day. False. Love Train was definitely a highlight.
- The man next to me in the get low picture? That was our DJ. He put on the Cha Cha Slide and then participated. Love it.
- There was a full-out brawl for the bouquet. It was ridiculous. And awesome. One of my childhood BFFs caught the bouquet.
- The guys were not quite as enthusiastic. My baby brother caught the garter.
- We didn’t do a formal exit. Instead, we tromped down to the corner (the UVA bar scene), on foot, with our friends and went to a bar. The rain held off until we got there. When it was time for Brian and I to leave, one of my childhood BFFs hailed us a cab in the rain.
- Meanwhile, my parents and their friends drank wine on the balcony and watched streakers in the rain. What better way to end such an epic day?
Tomorrow I will be posting details and DIY projects!
Again, all photos by JMK Photos.