I don’t think to make this recipe very often. For some reason I have it categorized in my brain as fancier than every day dinner. But for two people, it’s really not that hard to make, and it’s so good! Here is the recipe I used; it’s the one my mom always makes and it’s one of my dad’s favorites!
- Chicken breast (I used 4 chicken frozen chicken tenders for two of us, they get pretty big with the breading!)
- Flour, just enough to coat the chicken
- Eggs, I used 1, the recipe calls for 2
- Spaghetti sauce (I used Rinaldi- it’s my favorite, and it’s the cheapest one they sell at Wal-Mart! I used half of that jar, so 12 oz.)
- Bread crumbs, 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup
- Oregano, 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter, 1-2 tbsp.
- Grated mozzarella, about 1 cup
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees.
- Pound boneless chicken breast flat (I didn’t do that… tenders are pretty flat!)
- Coat with flour
- Dip in beaten egg
- Roll in combined bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and oregano.
- Fry in butter until brown (med-med high)
- Grease dish. Lay down chicken.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over it, sprinkle with grated mozzarella
- Pour a little more sauce over that
- Chill if you wish. Bake until cheese melts (20-25 min)
- Serve with angel hair
Michelle P says
Yum looks good!
Kristen Danielle says
This looks delicious! So does the caesar salad! What recipe do you use for that?
yum! That looks amazing.
Amber H-B says
looks good! i look forward to making some when i get an oven again!!
Magical Day Dream says
This makes me hungry! It looks so good :D
This sounds so delicious! I know Rob love chicken parmesan so I will have to make this sometime for him! :)
This looks like the perfect meal!!! Yum! :)
Yum! This looks delicious…thanks for sharing!
this looks like a pretty healthy version of chicken parm! Gotta try it :)
Emily Hope says
this looks sooooo good. another recipe I must try.
Your Chicken Parm looks wonderful. Looks like we're both “stalking” each other because I love your blog :). Since we're blogging neighbors and all maybe we'll get a chance to talk more soon!
This looks so so good! I've actually never made parm chicken before but since I think I have all this on hand, it may be added to the recipe line up next week! I had to pin this so I remember to use it!
yum! this seems like it could be a delicious go-to dinner…