It feels a little bittersweet to be going back to Lexington after being home for almost four months. While I’m excited to be back in our own apartment, there are a few things that I’m going to miss.
- Working from home with mom and/or dad on a regular basis.
- Trips to the gym or out to lunch with my mom
- Daily happy hour at 5
- Being in walking distance of my friends
- Eating on the deck
- Family dinners
- Checking in on the yard and watering the plants
- Walking/ running around the block that I grew up on
- Random brother sightings throughout the day
- Snuggling to Planet Earth in my bro’s room
- Hanging out in my parents’ room right before bed
This post is making me a little sad, but I just need to remember all the good things that I’m looking forward to (like going on walks and cooking dinner in our own kitchen!) I’m not looking forward to unpacking so much.
What’s your favorite thing about being home?