You know the Sunday blues? Every year, August feels like a whole month of that feeling. You see, I love summer. And it’s basically over, which really bums me out. It’s felt a little sleepy around here, the way you feel that day before you have to go to school but you can’t bring yourself to do anything. THAT.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had plenty to do and I’ve done plenty of things. Obviously, blogging hasn’t been one of the ones that I got around to, but rest assured that I’ve been thinking about it. And it’s going to happen again, I promise.
Speaking of blogging, five years ago today I published my first blog post. Isn’t that nuts? It seems pretty insane to me. Not because I started five years ago and somewhere along the way I “arrived,” but because five years ago I was intrigued by this whole online sharing thing… and here we are. It’s never really the same and it’s always changing, but I’m still here putting posts out there every once in a while. I just never would have thought, to be honest. But I’m glad it turned into something I didn’t know to imagine when I clicked publish on a whim way back when.
Popular on Instagram
1. I mean, what’s not to like about wine country?
2. A picture on our anniversary.
3. Bougainvillea. Enough said.
Popular on the Blog
4. laLa Grace
5. & 6. So this is embarrassing. Turns out I messed up last month, and included a post from this month. The only other post was the “Into August” post, which I always exclude. Better luck next time? But seriously, I’m working on it.
On My Desktop
7. Coco & Mingo
8. DESIGNLOVEFEST (by Echo and Earl)
9. Aubrey Kinch
And as always, you can find more desktop freebies over on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply