Every year I struggle with whether or not to concretely call anything a New Year’s resolution. There is something intimidating about naming it such that almost means failure for certain. Plus, I always think that committing to a goal like that requires some thought, and New Year’s always manages to sneak up on me. Anyway, this is what I’ve managed to come up with this year (in no particular order):
1. Lose 10+ lbs. Hopefully this is the last time you’ll hear about that from me. I think it’s annoying when people are constantly talking about losing weight (not to say that I don’t occasionally break my own rule… you know, hypocrisy and all that). Basically my goal is to eat less, exercise more, etc.
2. Catch up on my scrapbook. This is pretty much a constant goal of mine. I’ll probably post more on this later.
3. Be nicer. I’m definitely one of those people who is in the habit of being nice to complete strangers with more regularity than to those closest to me.
4. Live in the moment. I definitely stress myself out more than necessary, and as a result I sometimes miss out on the present.
5. Visit my friends at other schools. I always mean to, but it never seems to happen. Since my time in college is quickly dwindling, now is the time.
6. Blog and journal more. These are both things that have kinda fallen by the wayside, and they also help me achieve resolution #4 by forcing me to reflect.
These are the only ones I can come up with for now. Let me know if you have set any good New Year’s resolutions for yourself!